With its rich, velvety base and generous chunks of chocolate sandwich cookies, Cookies, and Cream ice cream is a classic dessert that has delighted ice cream lovers for generations. While it’s readily available in stores, there’s something truly special about crafting this delectable treat in your own kitchen. So, how do you make cookies and cream ice cream?
Making Cookies and Cream ice cream from scratch allows you to overtake the quality of ingredients, tailor it to your taste, and enjoy the satisfaction of creating a beloved flavor.
In this article, we’ll take you through the delightful process of making homemade Cookies and Cream ice cream, providing you with the step-by-step guidance and tips needed to achieve ice cream perfection.
How Do You Make Cookies And Cream Ice Cream?
Cookies and Cream ice cream is a beloved classic that combines creamy vanilla ice cream with chunks of chocolate sandwich cookies. This recipe yields a rich and indulgent dessert that’s perfect for cookie lovers of all ages.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Churning Time: 20-30 minutes
- Freezing Time: 2-4 hours (or until firm)
- Total Time: Approximately 2.5-4.5 hours
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 15-20 chocolate sandwich cookies (e.g., Oreos), coarsely chopped
- Prepare the Cookies: Chop the chocolate sandwich cookies coarsely into bite-sized pieces. Place them aside.
- Combine Cream and Milk: Whisk together the heavy cream, granulated sugar, whole milk, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Churn the Ice Cream: Fill your ice cream maker halfway with the cream mixture and churn according to the manufacturer’s directions until it achieves a soft-serve consistency.
- Add the Cookies: Add the finely chopped cookies to the ice cream in the last few minutes of churning and continue to churn until they are uniformly dispersed throughout.
- Transfer and Freeze: Smooth the Cookies and Cream ice cream top into an airtight container. Place a piece of plastic wrap immediately on the ice cream’s surface to avoid ice crystals. Seal the container and place it in the freezer for another 2-4 hours or until the ice cream is hard.
- Serve: Enjoy the fresh Cookies and Cream ice cream in bowls or cones!
- Use your preferred chocolate sandwich cookies when preparing this dish. Oreo cookies are popular, but you can use any brand or variety you prefer.
- The churning time will differ depending on the ice cream maker you use. Follow the instructions given by the manufacturer for optimal results.
- Keep homemade Cookies and Cream ice cream in the freezer in a hermetic container.
- Before sealing the container, place a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the ice cream’s surface to prevent ice crystals formation.
- Ideally, homemade ice cream should be consumed within two to three weeks.
- Create an indulgent sundae with whipped cream, hot fudge sauce, & a maraschino cherry on top of your Cookies and Cream ice cream.
- Make a Cookies and Cream milkshake by blending a few scoops of ice cream with milk until smooth. Top with whipped cream and cookie crumbles.
- Build an ice cream sandwich by placing a dollop of ice cream between two chocolate chip cookies or brownie squares.
- Use it as a topping for warm desserts like brownies, waffles, or apple crisps.
- Serve alongside a slice of your favorite cake for a delicious dessert combination.
This was all about how do you make cookies and cream ice cream. Creating Cookies and Cream ice cream at home is a rewarding culinary adventure that yields a dessert worth savoring. With a creamy ice cream base and the delightful addition of crushed chocolate sandwich cookies, you can craft a frozen treat that rivals any store-bought version.
Whether enjoyed in a cone, a bowl, or sandwiched between your favorite cookies, homemade Cookies, and Cream ice cream is a crowd-pleaser that brings joy with every spoonful.
Thank you for reading!
Read more: How To Make A Real Mai Tai?