A Visitor's Guide to Paradise at Mount Rainier National Park
– Paradise offers a variety of hiking trails, suitable for different skill levels. Popular hikes include the Skyline Trail
– Paradise is renowned for its wildflower displays. The wildflower season typically peaks in late July and August.
Snowshoeing and Cross-Country Skiing:
– In the winter, Paradise becomes a winter wonderland. Snowshoeing and cross-country skiing are popular activities.
– Keep an eye out for wildlife. Paradise is home to marmots, deer, and other animals. Birdwatching is also popular.
– Join ranger-led programs, which can include guided hikes, talks, and other educational activities.
Lodging and Dining:
– Paradise has a historic lodge, the Paradise Inn, which offers lodging and dining services.
- Be prepared for rapidly changing weather conditions, especially in the spring and fall.
Leave No Trace:
- Practice Leave No Trace principles to help preserve the park's natural beauty and protect the environment.
Respect the Park:
- Help preserve the park by not picking flowers or disturbing wildlife, and be respectful of park rules and regulations.
SWIPE UP FOR MORE